Work in a few of these common, natural foods this week—and every week—for a natural, easy detox. Your liver will thank you.
- Lemon. Drink half a lemon in a glass of warm water early in the day for a natural cleanse.
- Artichokes help stabilize blood sugar and cleanse the liver and blood.
- Turmeric, an ingredient in curry powder, is a powerful anti-inflammatory. The curcumin in turmeric stimulates bile production.
- Avocados stimulate the body to produce glutathione, a powerful antioxidant.
- Cabbage. Green cabbage especially activates detoxifying enzymes in the body.
- Onions. Among many good things onions contain sulfur which helps the body release unwanted toxins. Purple onions are best for liver detox.
- Green Tea. Drink up to six cups a day of this gentle antioxidant. It does have caffeine, so be aware of it so you can be consistent with your daily intake.
...and while you're at it, dandelion and horseradish could also make this list.
Leave a comment