Curry and coconut oil, arugula and avocado make a delicious bento box lunch
This easy curry tofu wrap is sure to please. Measure the ingredients in your Portion Perfect bento and you'll have perfect portions every time, while staying on track with your weight loss goals.
Our wrap includes tofu sautéed in curry powder and coconut oil, lettuce, arugula, cucumber and avocado mayonnaise, held together with a tortilla. Here's the recipe we used, but feel free to exchange ingredients for ones that you prefer, or ones that you already have around the house:
- Extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- mixed greens — we used iceberg for crunch and arugula for spice.
- mayonnaise, if desired
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro
- ground pepper
- Assemble your portions in your bento's individual containers for portion control, as shown above.
- Cut the tofu into slices. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, add curry powder and salt and mix well. Pan-fry tofu for about 5 minutes on high heat, turning frequently, until crispy brown.
- Cut the cucumber into strips.
- Peel and pit the avocado, put the avocado flesh in a food processor. Add the salt & lime juice & ground pepper. Let it chop until completely fine. Taste and add more salt & lime juice to taste. Mix in the chopped cilantro, and mayo, if desired.
- Once everything is ready, assemble your wrap. Spread the avocado and mayo mixture on the wrap, add the salad, crispy tofu triangles, and cucumber strips.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Shown below, our curry tofu wrap plated, with a fork, napkin, food picks, and fruit for dessert.
Leave a comment