Take this Portion Perfect smoothie anywhere in your Bento Jar
Let's face it, we don't always have time to cook balanced, warm meals in the morning. Which is why we're so thrilled at how easy, delicious and healthy smoothies can be. Turn those rushed mornings into the best ones yet! The banana in this one makes your morning a little sweeter and a lot smoother—omit the honey if it's ripe and sweet enough.
Measure the ingredients according to your Portion Perfect Meal Plan, shown below, and start your day off right!
- frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, frozen
- cup plain Greek yogurt
- milk, or almond or soy milk, as you prefer
- Mix ingredients together in a blender, adding extra milk if necessary for consistency during blending.
For more inspiration for healthy meals in perfect portions, check out my portion perfect for great ideas about how to make our Portion Perfect weight loss system work for you.
Mix it up a bit by adding another ingredient, or vitamins and minerals, as you like! Try adding a tablespoon or two of these:
- Powdered greens offer a fast, great way to get more greens.
- Protein powder, up your protein intake and vary your sources by adding some to your smoothie.
- Fish oil—boost your anti-inflammatory intake with these omega-3s.
- Try seeds: Sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds for extra boost of protein, omega-6 fatty acids, and vitamins E, B1, K, copper.
- Swap the strawberries for frozen blueberries and up your anti-oxidant quotient! Year-round, your freezer is your friend.
Leave a comment