Protein and good carbs is perfect after an activity
A healthy, nutritious mini meal is important right after a workout.
We prep and tote a bento to the gym for right after some exercise—we nosh right there, or on the way home.
Make your choices ahead of time in a combination that balances protein and good carbs for optimal nutrition. Here's a typical menu.
- Hard-boiled egg (shown above in our lidded container)
- Cheese and quinoa crackers
- Cranberries and coconut
Pack it to go in one of our Portion Perfect Bento Boxes, as shown above.
Try these other great foods after workout:
- Yogurt or kefir, a good blend of carbs and protein in fermented milk with probiotics
- Bananas, a starchy, fast acting carb that restores glycogen in the body to rebuild muscles
- Blueberries have been shown to be great for quick recovery
- Hummus and pita
- Sweet potatoes
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Orange juice
- Salmon, a great protein, for the omega 3s
- Yams, try our Yam Chili
Of course, always drink lots of water to replace the fluids lost exercise.
Leave a comment