Use whatever veggies you have on hand.
Looking for something new to do with a simple tin of canned tuna?
Mix up a little bit of this Tahini dressing, stir some in with the tuna, and drizzle the rest over fresh crunchy veggies, and you've got a great tasting bento box lunch.
Simple cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots and snow peas make up this salad base, but you can use whatever veggies you like, and whatever you have on hand.
We love this salad and make extra to have a lot of leftovers. As it is, it's great for those on low-GI diets or aficionados of the Paleo diet. But we mixed in some of the black Forbidden rice from last week's roast veggie bowl, and, that was amazing, too!
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cut veggies: cabbage, red peppers, carrots, and snow peas
- 1 5-oz. can ethically sourced tuna, packed in either olive oil or water, well drained
- Italian, flat-leaved parsley for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Whisk tahini and water together until combined.
- Add lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and whisk till smooth.
- Add tuna to medium bowl, shred with a fork, and add enough of the dressing to make a tuna salad of the right consistency.
- Set veggies into your XL lidded container, scoop half tuna mixture on top, and drizzle with remaining dressing.
...and try to wait until lunchtime tomorrow to enjoy this tasty one!
Shown above and below in our XL lidded container, with a cool pack in Paisley, and a napkin in Plum.
Leave a comment